Enactus recommends that teams prepare answers in advance using the sample Application for your country. Then, simply copy and paste information into the live link. Teams will know they have everything they need, before they open the Application. Review the Project Management section of the Enactus Team Handbook to help you design your project. Contact Enactus staff if you want to discuss your proposal. We’re happy to answer questions and provide feedback!
Click here to view the sample Bright Future Application to prepare your proposal.
Before submitting your Application, you must complete a thorough needs assessment of your target audience. See the sample Application for the minimum needs assessment requirements.
All Enactus teams that apply for the Bright Future Project Accelerator must agree to the General Terms and Conditions found on the sample Application.
If you do not receive an email confirmation of your Application submission, please contact Enactus staff. Do not submit another Application unless you want to make changes. Enactus will retain the last Application submitted within the deadline for Application judging.
Why join Bright Future? Check out the videos below to hear why Enactus students have joined the Unilever Bright Future Project Accelerator.
The top Bright Future Applications will be evaluated by a panel of Unilever representatives using the following criteria:
1. How well did the team explain their needs assessment and articulate a specific need and gaps in knowledge, skills and/or resources of the target audience?
2. How effective is the team’s plan to implement sustainable solutions to advance the Unilever’s goal to support SDG’s 11, 12, 14 and 15 by reducing plastic waste?
3. How well does the team’s plan apply entrepreneurial action and innovation to execute the project?
4. How effective is the team’s plan to leverage retailer partnership(s) to execute the projects?
5. To what degree does the proposed plan achieve measurable impact on the plastic waste recycling, reuse, and reduction in the United States?
6. To what degree does the proposed plan empower people by creating sustainable social and/or economic opportunities?
6. How practical and realistic is the proposed plan to execute the project and deliver tangible outcomes before the Final Impact Report deadline?
7. To what degree has the team proposed a scalable solution that has the potential to effectively impact additional cities or communities?
8. How well does the team’s plan generate community and media awareness to promote the goals of the Unilever Bright Future Project accelerator and the UN Global Goals, considering reach, variety of media utilized and creativity?
9. How effective and ethical is the proposed budget?
10. How clear is the Application?